The complexity of the Brazilian tax system and the high tax burden require that companies apply the best practices of tax governance and, based on such perception, the firm stands out as partner among its clients by providing a team highly trained and capable to contribute with the best solutions to deal with tax matters from diversified sectors, such as marine, beverages, energy, electro-electronic devices, information technology, paper and cellulose, banking, hospital, drugs, financial market, insurance, jewelry, telecommunications, machinery and equipment, sugar and alcohol, among others, contributing with clear and accurate diagnosis for tax obligations, crucial for the business planning, adding value and more competitiveness.
Our operation covers the tax area, particularly the following services, among others:
- Presentation of lawsuits intended to challenge tax requirements and the recovery of undue through setoff or repetition resulting from the undue action of Tax Entities;
- Presentation of administrative defenses intended to cancel tax debts assessed as a result of drawing up deficiency notices;
- Legal audit in tax court and administrative proceedings;
- Compliance related to main and accessory tax obligations;
- Consultancy on the application of the federal, state and municipal tax legislation;
- Development of tax planning following tax elision practices;
- Preparation of opinions that engage tax legislation adjustment to the operations developed by the companies in general;
- Preparation of credit reimbursement requests before tax agencies and the respective transfer/acquisition involving third parties in compliance with the legislation of each Tax Entity;
- Formulation of consultations to tax entities around the interpretation and application of tax legislation;
- Revision of tax evaluations in order to identify contingencies and payments in excess of taxes.