Information Technology Law
The Firm assists its clients in matters related to the information technology market, e-commerce, intellectual and industrial property and also in establishing start-ups.
The high and specialized knowledge of its members and consultants in face of the corporate world and the market of information technology allows the office to act with a high degree of deepening and experience. In addition, the office has a team of experienced and knowledgeable consultants in the areas of business law.
Software and Technology
- negotiation and drafting of software license, apps, maintenance, development and assignment, in its various modalities, e.g. Software as a Service (SaaS), distributed platform, concurrent user licenses, mainframe, among others;
- Advice to implement the guidelines and obligations set forth in the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados – LGPD) and good practices of compliance.
- drafting contracts related to cloud computing and Internet of Things (IoT).
- advice and draft of service outsourcing agreements, e.g. staff augmentation, Cloud as a Service (CaaS), Hardware as a Service (HaaS);
- negotiation, drafting and analysis of technology transfer agreements and filing of agreements with the INPI (Brazilian National Institute of Industrial Property);
- negotiation, drafting and analysis of documents regarding bidding procedures and Requests for Proposals for IT companies;
- drafting of Partnership Agreements and Specialized Technical Support Agreements for IT’s projects;
- draft and/or revision of documents supporting the sales of multinational IT companies, including necessary adaptations to enable revenue recognition and fully binding to compliance guidelines, especially regarding US Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act, in addition to the necessary adaptations of compliance rules and data processing, as provided in the Brazilian Data Protection Law (LGPD) and in the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- anti-piracy campaign, either judicially or extra judicially.
Other IT and intellectual property activities
- negotiation, drafting, analysis and registration (when applicable) of copyright, trademark, patent, industrial design, utility model, use licenses and assignments and image licensing and assignment agreements;
- comprehensive advice on matters relating to intellectual property rights and enforcement thereof;
- advice on conflicts between trademarks industrial design, utility model and domain names;
- negotiation and drafting of access service agreements with telecommunications companies; and
- negotiation and drafting of confidentiality agreements (NDA), Memoranda of Understandings and Vesting and Funding Agreements between angel companies, investors and entrepreneurs and third party service providers, as well as confidentiality terms for employees of IT companies.